- Who Qualifies?
- Bursaries Available
- Application Form
A Bursary is a grant of money to a student in financial need.
To qualify for a Rotary Bursary Endowment Fund bursary the applicant must:
- Be a resident of Gravenhurst (even if attending school in a different Town) or attending school in Gravenhurst.
- Furthering their education at a post-secondary level which may include attendance at a university, college, trade school or other institution which leads to a degree, diploma or certificate upon completion.
- Show a financial need.
Interest earned on investments of the Rotary Bursary Endowment Fund form the basis of the bursaries. Each Bursary will be for a minimum of $1,000.00.
For the year 2013, the bursaries below will be available, along with new bursaries to be announced soon.
For the year 2012 there were 11 Bursaries awarded:
- The ‘Mary E. McSheffrey Bursary’ for $2,500.00
- The ‘Agnus Lina Cook Bursary’ for $1,200.00
- The ‘Everett and Florence Doherty Family Bursary’ for $1,000.00
- The ‘Ross and Betty Franklin Bursary’ for $1,000.00
- The ‘Terrance Haight Memorial Bursary’ for $1,000.00
- The ‘Bill and Dora Rathbun Family Bursary’ for $1,000.00
There were 5 additional bursaries of $1,000.00 each awarded.
To apply for the bursary, please use the form located below and follow the included instructions.